[Asterisk-biz] Asterisk Business Termination -- VOIPJET

Greg Boehnlein damin at nacs.net
Tue Nov 23 06:00:28 MST 2004

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:

> alex at pilosoft.com wrote:
>
> > (*quality* of call, such as guaranteed problem-free CID/CIDNAME delivery,
> > guaranteed problem-free fax, guaranteed working phones even when their
> > router is down/down) is *more* important than saving a penny or two per
> > minute.
>
> In my experience, quality routers are more reliable than quality phone
> systems. They are simpler, easier to manage and usually have no moving
> parts (unlike phone systems with voice mail and ACDs).
>
> Businesses who use VOIP over a T-1 circuit have _less_ points of failure
> than if they used TDM phone service over that same T-1, because they
> have no complicated equipment in their office to worry about.

Yep. I share the same opinion. We refuse to provide VoIP services over the
Public Internet, especially to business customers, because there is no
gurantee of quality and no way to ensure that each provider will give QOS.
Therefore, I reccomend that customers wishing to make a VoIP move do it to
a regional provider, with facilities in their area that can deliver a QOS
T1 directly to their equipment. That can provide shared Internet and VoIP
traffice, but with QOS profile that gives VoIP priority.

I, like Alex, own and operate several data centers, and do not play in the
Public Internet VoIP market, although I provide lots of bandwidth and
hosting to companies that DO.

                             KP-216-121-ST