[Asterisk-biz] VoipJet's Terms of Service

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at starnetworks.us
Tue Nov 16 14:44:03 MST 2004

Brandon Patterson wrote:
> The various towns in California have made it clear that after Jan 1st 2005
> enforcement action will be taken. Its a question for the accounting & legal
> people but, they do have the right to do this just like cell is taxed in
> California
> today.

Yes, I see that now, they are treating it similarly to wireless service.

Note that I'm not in any way disputing their "right" to do this, that's
up to the voters in that municipality. What I'm concerned about is the
mobility of the service, and the fact that (unlike a wireless carrier)
the service provider _cannot_ know with any certainty where the calls
are actually being delivered to or placed from.