[Asterisk-biz] VoipJet's Terms of Service

Eric Wieling eric at fnords.org
Tue Nov 16 11:19:47 MST 2004

Paul Rodan wrote:
> Anybody read this?
> https://www.voipjet.com/tos.php?PHPSESSID=db472c6283f85357f993b9714d41faae
>
> Quite interesting. However, I'm curious about this one part:
>
> "THE CUSTOMER SPECIFICALLY AGREES TO NOT USE THE SERVICE TO COMPLETE CALLS
> THAT BOTH BEGIN AND END WITHIN THE COUNTRY OF CANADA."
>
> And then later on down the line says:
>
> "The customer agrees to verify use of this service, and all corresponding
> call usage, complies with all application laws in Canada and the USA."
>

> I'm curious, what is Canada's stance with VOIP? Do they strictly forbid it?
> Why are we not allowed to call people in Canada or receive calls from people
> in Canada via VoipJet's system?

The above doesn't say that.  It says that both endpoints of the call
cannot be in Canada.  It says nothing about only one endpoint of the
call being in Canada.  Granted "begin" and "end" are not really good
terms for this.

Who knows why?  Could be regulation or could be the carrier they use
doesn't allow them.