[Asterisk-biz] starting point...

Raymond McKay asterisk at raynettech.com
Thu Dec 30 06:54:08 MST 2004

> These are my requirements at a glance, so my question is: are these
> options
> available in Asterisk, or do we have to make the webinterface by ourself
> for
> example etc.
> Also, is all hardware necessary (to accomodate 3 external lines and 8
> internal lines) available from Digum ?

The short answer to your question is yes.  The longer answer is that what
you want will require some serious planning and careful design to make it
work the way you want it to.  This is of course true of just about any
complex phone system you could implement.  There are some webinterfaces out
there that do some of the things you want to, but you are probably better
off creating a custom interface that could even be based off of something
existing for your needs.  I have built some similar systems for my clients
and have learned that sometimes it is easier to start from scratch then try
to make a interface solution that wasn't designed to handle what you want to
do, do what you want it to do.

Raymond McKay
President
RAYNET Technologies LLC