[Asterisk-biz] starting point...

Marcin Zastawny marcinz at infocon.pl
Thu Dec 30 01:31:25 MST 2004

Hello Everyone,

I am new to this list so forgive me if this question has been asked before
(although I did look in the archive).
Basically, I need to set up a Linux based PBX based on Asterisk, (for sales
and support purposes) that will have the following functionality:
1. Internal call routing, manually by an operator at the reception.
2. External call routing, also manually by an operator, but the transfer is
made to an external PSTN or sometimes even a GSM number
3. Automatic internal call routing - the caller presses a digit in tonedial
and is routed automatically to one of several internal numbers
4. Automatic internal call routing if unanswered - the call goes to a
designated number if unanswered within X number of rings.
5. Automatic external call routing - the call is established to an external
number (eg GSM) if the system is put into "night mode" manually by the
operator.
6. Other dial patterns changed via a web interface if possible.
7. All calls and their routing information saved into a database like MySQL
8. Automatic routing of fax calls (fax calls are the calls that come in on a
certain external line number).
9. Automatic cost-based routing - if the call is made to an external GSM
phone, then use the attached GSM gateway...

These are my requirements at a glance, so my question is: are these options
available in Asterisk, or do we have to make the webinterface by ourself for
example etc.
Also, is all hardware necessary (to accomodate 3 external lines and 8
internal lines) available from Digum ?

thanks,
Marcin Zastawny
Infocon