[Asterisk-biz] T-1 timing

alex at pilosoft.com alex at pilosoft.com
Mon Dec 20 10:51:42 MST 2004

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004, Michael Welter wrote:

> On my test bench, I have a T100P card attached to an Adtran 750 channel
> bank.  Changing the timing parameter in the zaptel.conf span statement
> from "0" to "1" doesn't seemd to have an effect.
>
> With timing "0" and no other timing source, the T-1 stream is generated
> from timing supplied by the T100P card.  With timing "1", timing is
> recovered from the T-1 data stream supplied by the Adtran.
Uh, it seems to have effect. Timing 0 - timing supplied by car, timing 1 -
timing supplied by other side of the span.

> What should I be using for timing with this single T-1 circuit?
Whichever, doesn't really matter. Whichever oscillator you trust more. :)

Just make sure that both sides agree on timing source. (i.e. if you set
asterisk to provide timing, make sure adtran is set to receive timing from
span).

Also, this is a -users, not -biz question.