[Asterisk-biz] Asterisk training and certification :: Astricon Training

Dinesh Nair dinesh at alphaque.com
Sun Dec 19 20:33:09 MST 2004

On 20/12/2004 09:38 el Flynn said the following:
> I honestly thing that the pricing is too high, especially for us
> Asterisk guys who are not US- or Europe-based. When you factor in the

coming from the same country as our man flynn, i'd agree. US$3K+ is over
RM12,000 in malaysia, and that's about 3-4 months salary for the average
tech. comparatively, RHCE and MCSE certification runs about RM2K-4K
(US$500-1000).

> p/s while not as experienced as Brian, I too feel the same way he does.

i dont really see this certification programme as an "insult" to myself.
lots of code contributors to the linux projects are not certified engineers
  with an RHCE tag, and yet it doesn't seem to bother them. granted, there
are going to be some customers who'd look at the paper qualifications, but
i think the knowledge and mastery an individual has will trump a
certification anytime.

dinesh at alphaque.com                (0 0)    http://www.alphaque.com/