[Asterisk-biz] Asterisk training and certification ::AstriconTraining

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Sun Dec 19 21:02:23 MST 2004

Exactly, if memory serves me correctly, I paid $125 to take my CCNA through
Sylvan Prometric a few years back.  I never took a course or bootcamp.  I
learned on the job and through self study.

If the cert were to encompass the general knowledge of how to install and
configure Asterisk, SIP, IAX, and Zapata technologies, then I feel I could
and would pass that test if given to me right now.  Without the need to
attend any boot camp or line anyone's pockets.

I always viewed bootcamps as cert paper mills anyways.  I have met way too
many people holding certs that are totally unknowledgeable in the field of
their cert.

Thanks,
Steve