[Asterisk-biz] Linksys WRT54GP2-NA Wireless-G Broadband Routerwith 2 Phone Ports for sale

steve steve at 17q.com
Sun Dec 19 01:02:39 MST 2004

Hi:

The problem is this.  Sipura is the owner of the intellectual property and
they entered into a special contract with Cisco that only provided that
Linksys can sell Sipura's intellectual property as valued added to ISP's
WITHOUT ANY EXCEPTIONS WHATSOEVER.

Right now there is legal action between both companies.   In short, they are
looking to bury some one.   My answer is quite simple.   WATCH OUT if you
are not a real ISP and you have signed a (Cisco)Linksys contract because
they will FUCK you hard.   Cisco has taken many people to Federal Court and
you can expect the legal bills to start at $100,000.00 for the Northern
District of California.   Think I am kidding you.  Check out some attorneys
in San Francisco or San Jose and ask them what they charge for a federal
case involving Cisco.   I forgot to mention, expect to pay for their
attorneys fees and of course whatever bullshit damages the court awards
these parties.   In short, you will be lucky if the damages are less than
$800,000.00.

Cisco signed very large contracts with Vonage and several other companies
and they are too large to play games with a small retailer.

Cisco(Linksys) would love to blame a few small retailer who committed fraud
in order to get Sipura off their backs.   I have heard stories that Linksys
is not getting the software upgrades until this problem is resolved.   Not
sure if that is true or not but that is what I have heard.