[Asterisk-biz] Toll Free Providers That Send ANI

Kanuri, Seshu (Company IT) Seshu.Kanuri at morganstanley.com
Mon Dec 6 09:40:20 MST 2004

> I'm looking into setting up some 800 numbers for customers using
> Asterisk, but they need to provide ANI. Are there some VoIP companys
> out there that confirm that they send ANI? Thanks!

99% of them don't as, If I undertstand this correctly, you want them to
re-write the ANI to a 1-800-number of your choice, so that this number
shows on their caller ID and if they want to return the call, they can
callback on that 1-800 number.

This is the model used by some messaging/paging firms to spam a tonne of
end points with sub-second calls and get their attention to return the
calls for marketing dollars.

Many CLECs and ITSPs don't allow this, for obvious reasons.

Seshu