[Asterisk-biz] update on the PAP2 / PAP2 router

Brandon Patterson siptech at livevoip.com
Sat Dec 4 13:57:47 MST 2004

This looks like the deal where a few dist's have managed to obtain small
amounts of
the PAP2-NA and sell them based on the promise of being a service provider.
It in
no way helps real providers. We have been approached with this offer for a
few months
now and its always the same. Then you ask about qty and the answer is always
in the shadows.
Your price of $60 is way high. Does your price include Linksys Support ?
Does your product
have PAP-S Support or can the provider obtain PAP-S Support & custom
firmware? If this
is not the program you are involved in then its what we called the Linksys
dumping ground.

Don't get me wrong I am NOT saying that you are involved in this but,
Linksys has been avail.
in small quantities for sometime now.

Here's the deal: PAP2-NA units in qty should cost the provider $46 or $43
per unit and that is
going to depend on how many units are purchased, annual purchase agreements
etc. The lowest
price is in the $39-$40 range that companies like Tech Data pay. A provider
with with Linksys
is assigned a tech support person, and has the ability to obtain custom
firmware and more.

Oh BTW I am certain of the prices and facts stated above because we have
stock of the above units
and we don't have just a one or two hundred. Linksys - Cisco Support and
that firmware really does exist.
I spent four months working with it.

Brandon Patterson