[Asterisk-biz] Nufone Support?

Greg Broiles gbroiles at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 16:28:08 MST 2004

On Fri, 3 Dec 2004 16:52:22 -0500, Strategic Minds
<strategicminds at gmail.com> wrote:
> Has anyone had any luck contacting Nufone about tech support?  It
> seems like they've disappeared off the face of the earth.
>
> I've put in numerous requests for support (since they don't have a
> telephone number).  All I get is a ticket number from their "Automated
> support system"
>
> Calls go unanswered and all of a sudden today, my DIDs don't work.  I
> haven't been impressed and am starting to wonder as to the financial
> viability of the company.
>
> It "feels" like a one man show.  I'm not trashing nufone, but it's
> starting to sound and feel like a scam.

Nufone is not a one-man show. There are at least two people ignoring
your e-mails.

The only thing I've found that gets a substantive response from Nufone
is a threat to charge back the credit card used to pay for service.

Other than that, the best you can expect is an E-mail telling you that
they already sent you an E-mail answering your question. Of course, it
would be WAY too much trouble for them to include a copy of that
alleged E-mail.

My DID's don't work either - I ordered one on 11/23 after reading
favorable comments on this list about their toll-free DID's. It has
never worked.

Actually, that's not true - if I call it from within Nufone's system,
it works fine - but if you try to call from the rest of the world, you
get a recording that the number is not in service.

I ordered another DID through their automated system this morning,
since Jeremy is clearly uninterested in getting the first one working.
It's not like I've given the number out yet.

No luck on the second DID either. I guess maybe it'll start working
someday Or not.

If you complain on a public forum about their unresponsiveness, Jeremy
will typically respond within the hour to say something insulting
without addressing either your complaint abou unresponsive service or
the problem that led you to ask for support in the first place.

--
Greg Broiles, JD, EA
gbroiles at gmail.com (Lists only. Not for confidential communications.)