[Asterisk-biz] Affordable IP Phone for Asterisk Users

steve steve at ngtel.de
Mon Aug 30 01:50:30 MST 2004

On Sun, 29 Aug 2004, Netweb Group, Inc. wrote:

 >> Seshu Kanuri
 >> 732-213-2422
 >> A picture of the phone is located at:
 >> http://64.243.115.70/images/netweb301_web.htm
 >
 > Do you have higher-res picture which would show the buttons, labels, etc?
 > Hard to see much from the picture you provided.

Hi Alex,

i can provide you some answers (as Kanuri's provided phone is OEM), since
we're reselling the same phone under our brand in europe.

(see www.ngtel.de/shop) for for details)

 > Are the buttons programmable?

the buttons are programmable, BUT depending on the hardware design either
working or mapped parallel to the dialpad.

 > Is it possibly to remotely turn on/off LED
 > attached?
 > What is the LED area? 1x20 or what?

The LED is a 2 x 16 display, non graphic.
There are no LED buttons who can be programmed :-(

 > Is there a possibility to OEM it (and getting compilable source code for
 > firmware)?

depending on the volume orders, you should negotiate this. the source code is
compilable under keil7 and the edit tool under microsoft visual studio.

 >I 've been looking for a cheaper alternative to cisco 79xx business phones
 > - so far without luck. All sub-100$ vendors seem to be really targetting
 > home (toll-avoidance) market...

well. thats a hard way. cisco 79xx is really good...

anyhow to give some future features of the phone (some of the features are
in beta-test or disabled [yet]):

- automatic ftp upgrade when phone is turned on
- different language versions for display + IVR
- IAX2 support for interworking with asterisk.

--steve

P.S.: If anyone of you is in Europe and interested in these phones, we'll
be happy to give you
competetive quotes.

We're also offering international termination A-Z.

Please ask either steve at ngtel.de or schilling at ngtel.de.