[asterisk-app-dev] Using ARI to set callerid for an outdial using pjsip?

Richard Frith-Macdonald richard.frith-macdonald at theengagehub.com
Fri Sep 15 11:46:10 CDT 2017

> On 15 Sep 2017, at 13:09, Richard Frith-Macdonald <richard.frith-macdonald at theengagehub.com> wrote:
>

>> On 15 Sep 2017, at 12:19, Phil Mickelson <phil at cbasoftware.com> wrote:
>>
>> If you look at the Channel option (https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+15+Channels+REST+API#Asterisk15ChannelsRESTAPI-create) you see the originateWithId POST option.  I believe that's what you want.  And then you specify the caller id you want to use in the callerId query parameter.  It works like a champ.  I can change this easily for what ever customer I'm making the call for.
>>
>> Hope this helps.  If not, let me know and I'll try again.
>
> Thanks. I'm using Asterisk 14.6 rather than 15 at the moment, but I don't think there should be a difference (I guess I need to carefully read the new features in 15 though),
>
> I'm trying to use the /channels/create  command rather than the /channels command, because I want to be able to bridge the call before the dial-out.
>
> I'll try using /channels instead (if it works it would at least prove that the problem is not in the endpoint configuration), but in the long run I thing I need to be able to do the job using /channels/create

If I use /channels/{newChannelId} rather than /channels/create asterisk *does* put the value from the 'callerId' parameter into the 'From' header of the INVITE (though not into the Contacts header).
I don't know enough about SIP to know if that's sufficient for my callerid to show up at the remote phone, but it looks promising.
Anyway, that success seems to rule out an error in the pjsip endpoint configuration.

I guess setting the CALLERID(num) variable on a channel created using /channels/create is not sufficient to get it sent, but I don't see what else I might need to do.