[asterisk-app-dev] Clicks in audio

Barry Flanagan barryf-lists at flanagan.ie
Tue Oct 17 12:07:29 CDT 2017

On 17 October 2017 at 17:19, Naftoli Gugenheim <naftoligug at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, thanks for replying.
>
> 1. I have opened the files in audacity. When I play it on my computer I
> can't hear anything like the popping sound. Visually I'm not really sure
> what to look for. I mean I can't see a some that looks like it would
> account for such a loud pop.

I have had this in the past. Look at the very end of the recording in
audacity - if you see where the main voice ends - starts to flatline - and
if there is any small non-flatline after it, delete it. I have found that
when someone is making recordings the keyboard click to stop the recording
can get picked up. I usually manually delete from the end of the recording
I want, and replace it with silence in Audacity just to be sure. Often you
will not here it during playback in Audacity, but it is very apparent over
a phone line.

Hope this helps

-Barry Flanagan