[asterisk-app-dev] ARI event on originate

Sylvain Boily sboily at proformatique.com
Wed Jan 6 07:24:20 CST 2016

Le 2016-01-06 07:15, Joshua Colp a écrit :
> Sylvain Boily wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> When i do a POST on channel ARI API (originate) i can't receive an event
>> like ChannelCreated, i only received an update event. (cf. my exemple)
>>
>> {
>> "application": "callcontrol",
>> "channel": {
>> "accountcode": "",
>> "caller": {
>> "name": "Sylvain Boily",
>> "number": "8000"
>> },
>> "connected": {
>> "name": "",
>> "number": ""
>> },
>> "creationtime": "2016-01-05T18:09:42.917-0500",
>> "dialplan": {
>> "context": "default",
>> "exten": "",
>> "priority": 1
>> },
>> "id": "1452035382.209",
>> "language": "fr_FR",
>> "name": "SIP/9smmmi-00000057",
>> "state": "Ringing"
>> },
>> "timestamp": "2016-01-05T18:09:42.956-0500",
>> "type": "ChannelStateChange"
>> }
>>

>> Is it a desired behavior ?
>
> Yes, while ChannelCreated was originally documented there was no way
> you would ever receive it so it was removed. Instead you receive back
> a snapshot of the channel when originating. You also have the ability
> to specify a uniqueid when creating channels so you can immediately
> associate events you may receive before your POST returns to the
> channel you are originating.

Ok so this event
https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+13+REST+Data+Models#Asterisk13RESTDataModels-ChannelCreated
doesn't exist at all ?

I have a use case where this event would be interesting. I did a video
to show you, but when i received a call in a incoming bridge, it's
possible for the operator to click for getting this call. I want to show
him that his phone ringing. I did it, but i was simulating this event.

To see the demo : https://youtu.be/m27kbgxUgKE

Sylvain