[asterisk-app-dev] ARI event on originate

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Wed Jan 6 06:15:08 CST 2016

Sylvain Boily wrote:
> Hello,
>
> When i do a POST on channel ARI API (originate) i can't receive an event
> like ChannelCreated, i only received an update event. (cf. my exemple)
>
> {
> "application": "callcontrol",
> "channel": {
> "accountcode": "",
> "caller": {
> "name": "Sylvain Boily",
> "number": "8000"
> },
> "connected": {
> "name": "",
> "number": ""
> },
> "creationtime": "2016-01-05T18:09:42.917-0500",
> "dialplan": {
> "context": "default",
> "exten": "",
> "priority": 1
> },
> "id": "1452035382.209",
> "language": "fr_FR",
> "name": "SIP/9smmmi-00000057",
> "state": "Ringing"
> },
> "timestamp": "2016-01-05T18:09:42.956-0500",
> "type": "ChannelStateChange"
> }
>

> Is it a desired behavior ?

Yes, while ChannelCreated was originally documented there was no way you
would ever receive it so it was removed. Instead you receive back a
snapshot of the channel when originating. You also have the ability to
specify a uniqueid when creating channels so you can immediately
associate events you may receive before your POST returns to the channel
you are originating.

Cheers,

--
Joshua Colp