[asterisk-app-dev] ARI all subscribe

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Mon Oct 19 20:45:19 CDT 2015

On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 1:05 PM, Mark Ingles <mark at bazoink.com> wrote:
> Jim,
> By default, your Stasis app is only subscribed to events emitted by
> resources it creates or are passed to it by the Stasis() dialplan app.
>
> If you want to look at a test system with activity, there's no "ALL" idea
> like AMI.
>
> However, you should be able to use the subscribe to an event source:
> https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+13+Applications+REST+API#Asterisk13ApplicationsRESTAPI-subscribe
>
> To get a list of possible event sources, for example bridges, you can get a
> list of all bridges then subscribe to them:
> https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+13+Bridges+REST+API#Asterisk13BridgesRESTAPI-list

Hey Mark -

You are absolutely correct up until 13.6.0. In that version, we added
a new feature to subscribe to all events occurring within Asterisk
either through the WS connection or through the applications resource.

To set it up in the WS connection, you can pass subscribeAll=true when
requesting the WebSocket, e.g.,

GET https://localhost:8088/ari/events?app=foo&subscribeAll=true

Note that this effectively disables application specific
subscriptions, although you're allowed to make them (but it's
effectively a NoOp (for the most part))

Alternatively, you can subscribe to all events for a particular
resource type through the applications resource by removing any
specifier for the eventSource. Previously, this would have just
rejected the attempt; now it implies that you want everything for that
eventSource. As an example, the following subscribes you to all
channels:

Matt

--
Matthew Jordan