[asterisk-app-dev] Send a SIP NOTIFY via a softphone, not via Asterisk

Ludovic Gasc gmludo at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 10:05:43 CDT 2015

Hi,

I've a SIP endpoint written in Python-AsyncIO that is registered on an
Asterisk 13 with chan_sip.

When I try to send a SIP NOTIFY to another hardphone endpoint (it's to send
commands), Asterisk anwsers me with: "SIP/2.0 489 Bad event"

In Asterisk, even with debug level on SIP and in console, I don't have a
very interesting message:
[Apr 28 16:57:48] DEBUG[2932]: chan_sip.c:28297 handle_request_do: SIP
message could not be handled, bad request:
b5262f5c-9061-4cb3-86c6-df629fd95a82

An idea to have more details about this error ? Or it's better to use pjsip
?

BTW, is it possible to send a SIP NOTIFY to another endpoint via Asterisk,
or it's forbidden ?

PS: I already know it's possible to send SIP NOTIFY via AMI, I've already
used that.
But the idea here it's a tool where we don't need an AMI access with
Asterisk to run.

Regards.
--
Ludovic Gasc (GMLudo)