[asterisk-app-dev] CALLID header in SuccessfulAuth manager message

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Wed Sep 10 10:40:28 CDT 2014

On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 9:40 AM, Jurijs Ivolga <jurij.ivo at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm creating application which should be triggered after peer
> registration. I'm listening on manager interface for events. Following
> event I'm getting when peer are registered:
>
> Event: SuccessfulAuth
> Privilege: security,all
> SequenceNumber: 214
> File: manager.c
> Line: 1459
> Func: manager_default_msg_cb
> EventTV: 2014-09-10T10:38:47.508+0200
> Severity: Informational
> Service: SIP
> EventVersion: 1
> AccountID: +1234567890
> SessionID: 0x7f4f6431fc88
> LocalAddress: IPV4/UDP/192.168.1.174/5060
> RemoteAddress: IPV4/UDP/192.168.1.152/36623
> UsingPassword: 1
>
> When I got this event I'm triggering my script. When peer tries to
> unregister or re-register, then SessionID should be same as for initial
> register message(I believe so). Sometimes after new registration SessionID
> is not updated and in this case my script ignores this message, cause it is
> assuming that it is re-registration.

This is a security event, which is not related to a channel. For all we
know, something just registered; that doesn't mean there is an active call
between this Account and Asterisk.

If you want to know when a peer registers, you should use the PeerStatus
event, as you allude to later.

> As solution I assumed I can use sip header CALLID, but it is not possible
> to include it in manager SuccessfulAuth messages, I tried to add to
> manager.conf following line:
>
> channelvars = SIPCALLID
>
> But it do not helps, it shows SIPCALLID for other manager messages but not
> for SuccessfulAuth messages.

It will not show up, as there is no channel. You can't emit channelvars on
events that have nothing to do with an active channel.

> Additionally I do not understand why PeerStatus: Reachable message(which
> you can find below) is not generated for each registration. 50% of
> registration I see this message, but I should be able to get it for each
> registration.
>
> Event: PeerStatus
> Privilege: system,all
> SequenceNumber: 220
> File: manager.c
> Line: 1459
> Func: manager_default_msg_cb
> ChannelType: SIP
> Peer: SIP/+1111111111
> PeerStatus: Reachable

A PeerStatus of Reachable does not imply that a peer has registered, merely
that the peer is now reachable (based on qualify attempts). You should get
a PeerStatus event when a peer first registers, with a PeerStatus header of
"Registered".

--
Matthew Jordan
Digium, Inc. | Engineering Manager