[asterisk-app-dev] DTMF in ARI bridged channels

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Sun Mar 16 14:52:23 CDT 2014

Jan Svoboda wrote:
> Hello,

Greetings,

> I have a question regarding DTMF events in channels, that are created by
> Stasis application and then bridged.
>
> In such channels, DTMF events (ChannelDtmfReceived) are only being
> triggered when the channels are not bridged or are in a holding bridge.
>
> The question is if anybody has came across this, if there is a solution
> or it’s a known problem ?

It's a known problem right now being tracked here[1]. A patch is up for
review[2] and I would expect it to go in next week. The change will
extend the bridge type to include additional attributes, one of them
being for DTMF events.

Cheers,

[1] https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-23437
[2] https://reviewboard.asterisk.org/r/3359/