[asterisk-app-dev] External media to bridges

Paul Belanger paul.belanger at polybeacon.com
Tue Mar 11 15:18:22 CDT 2014

Greetings,

I had a chance to play a little with bridges today, mostly load
testing / profiling Asterisk 11 and 12.  One of the issues I had out
of the box was playing external audio from asterisk into a bridge.
For the purpose of my testing I was simply using a local channel to
drop audio in the bridge using MusicOnHold.

Obviously not the best setup, but for a real world example I would
need to play audio into the bridge external to Asterisk and not over
channel like SIP.  How do people see this working?

I know we have mentioned HTTP with cache headers in the past but
according to file 'Local channels will also impact scaling.' so I'm
trying to see how we'd come up with a solution.

All of my example would be piping something from the OS level into
asterisk using a Local channel, but that doesn't appear to be the best
option.  So, the next step would be some specific module compiled into
asterisk?

--
Paul Belanger | PolyBeacon, Inc.
Jabber: paul.belanger at polybeacon.com | IRC: pabelanger (Freenode)