[asterisk-app-dev] Playback Media - Multiple Sound Files

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Thu Jun 19 16:53:17 CDT 2014

Samuel Galarneau wrote:

>     Hi again...
>
>     I need to play back multiple sound files w/ a single call
>     (channels/{channelId}/play) and using my client code and swaggerUI -
>     I get back a 201 but the multiple files do not play - nothing plays.
>     The format I use is:
>
>     sound:the-party-you-are-calling,sound:is-curntly-unavail
>
>     Thanks.
>

> As far as I am aware, the play operation on the channels resource only
> supports one media item. To accomplish what you are wanting to do you
> would have to play the first sound, and then send another request to
> play the second sound once you receive the PlaybackFinished event from
> the first playback operation.

Actually if you are constructing a string of prompts like the above to
make a coherent sentence you can actually just call play multiple times
in order with each sound at the beginning. Internally it's implemented
as a queue so as each one ends the next one starts until none are left.

--
Joshua Colp