[asterisk-app-dev] Playback Media - Multiple Sound Files

Samuel Galarneau sgalarneau at digium.com
Thu Jun 19 16:50:37 CDT 2014

> Hi again...
>
> I need to play back multiple sound files w/ a single call
> (channels/{channelId}/play) and using my client code and swaggerUI - I get
> back a 201 but the multiple files do not play - nothing plays. The format I
> use is:
>
> sound:the-party-you-are-calling,sound:is-curntly-unavail
>
> Thanks.

As far as I am aware, the play operation on the channels resource only
supports one media item. To accomplish what you are wanting to do you would
have to play the first sound, and then send another request to play the
second sound once you receive the PlaybackFinished event from the first
playback operation.

Hope that helps.

--

Samuel Fortier-Galarneau