[asterisk-app-dev] API/AMI Question

Paul Belanger paul.belanger at polybeacon.com
Wed Jan 29 13:37:25 CST 2014

On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 1:58 PM, Glen Millard <glenmillard at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think I know what is happening.
>
> Somehow the chan_sip module is not being loaded. If I go to the CLI, any of
> the sip commands:
>
>  sip notify Send a notify packet to a SIP peer
>  sip prune realtime [peer|all] Prune cached Realtime users/peers
>               sip qualify peer Send an OPTIONS packet to a peer
>                     sip reload Reload SIP configuration
> sip set debug {on|off|ip|peer} Enable/Disable SIP debugging
>       sip set history {on|off} Enable/Disable SIP history
> sip show {channels|subscriptio List active SIP channels or subscriptions
>          sip show channelstats List statistics for active SIP channels
>               sip show channel Show detailed SIP channel info
>               sip show domains List our local SIP domains
>               sip show history Show SIP dialog history
>                 sip show inuse List all inuse/limits
>                   sip show mwi Show MWI subscriptions
>               sip show objects List all SIP object allocations
>                 sip show peers List defined SIP peers
>                  sip show peer Show details on specific SIP peer
>              sip show registry List SIP registration status
>                 sip show sched Present a report on the status of the
> scheduler queue
>              sip show settings Show SIP global settings
>                   sip show tcp List TCP Connections
>                 sip show users List defined SIP users
>                  sip show user Show details on specific SIP user
>                 sip unregister Unregister (force expiration) a SIP peer from
> the registry
>
> are not working.
>
> So, at the risk of sounding like a fool, I want to build Asterisk 12 without
> using the new SIP stack (pjsip) and utilize *only* the chan_sip.
>
> Not looking for hand-holding - if it in the Wiki, that would be excellent.
>
> Can someone point me to that, please?

You should move this to the asterisk-users list, but you likely don't
have chan_sip.so compiled or loaded. Read UPGRADE.txt and CHANGES.txt
in your source tree for more information.  Also check menuselect.

--
Paul Belanger | PolyBeacon, Inc.
Jabber: paul.belanger at polybeacon.com | IRC: pabelanger (Freenode)