[asterisk-app-dev] API/AMI Question

Glen Millard glenmillard at gmail.com
Wed Jan 29 12:58:12 CST 2014

I think I know what is happening.

Somehow the chan_sip module is not being loaded. If I go to the CLI, any of
the sip commands:

 *sip notify Send a notify packet to a SIP peer*
* sip prune realtime [peer|all] Prune cached Realtime users/peers*
*              sip qualify peer Send an OPTIONS packet to a peer*
*                    sip reload Reload SIP configuration*
*sip set debug {on|off|ip|peer} Enable/Disable SIP debugging*
*      sip set history {on|off} Enable/Disable SIP history*
*sip show {channels|subscriptio List active SIP channels or subscriptions*
*         sip show channelstats List statistics for active SIP channels*
*              sip show channel Show detailed SIP channel info*
*              sip show domains List our local SIP domains*
*              sip show history Show SIP dialog history*
*                sip show inuse List all inuse/limits*
*                  sip show mwi Show MWI subscriptions*
*              sip show objects List all SIP object allocations*
*                sip show peers List defined SIP peers*
*                 sip show peer Show details on specific SIP peer*
*             sip show registry List SIP registration status*
*                sip show sched Present a report on the status of the
scheduler queue*
*             sip show settings Show SIP global settings*
*                  sip show tcp List TCP Connections*
*                sip show users List defined SIP users*
*                 sip show user Show details on specific SIP user*

*                sip unregister Unregister (force expiration) a SIP peer
from the registry*
are not working.

So, at the risk of sounding like a fool, I want to build Asterisk 12
without using the new SIP stack (pjsip) and utilize *only* the chan_sip.

Not looking for hand-holding - if it in the Wiki, that would be excellent.

Can someone point me to that, please?

Thanks - Glen