[asterisk-app-dev] No agi_arg_1, etc. for async AGI?

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Wed Jan 8 13:58:22 CST 2014

On Wed, Jan 8, 2014 at 1:54 PM, Matt Behrens <matt at zigg.com> wrote:
> On Jan 8, 2014, at 12:40 PM, Matt Behrens <matt at zigg.com> wrote:
>
> I’m trying to originate an AsyncAGI with parameters on 11.7.0 (RPMs from
> packages.asterisk.org).  I don’t seem to receive those parameters back in
> the AGI environment.
>
> Ideally I’d like to just use an Originate action with application/data, but
> even if I point it to a context/exten/priority making the same AGI
> application call with the same data I still don’t receive the parameters.
>

> Just to follow up… I don’t think this is actually in 11.7.  cf.
> https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-21304 which seems to be
> applied only to trunk?
>
> I worked around the problem by adding a Variable key to the Originate
> message instead, then check to see if it is set on the channel receiving the
> AsyncAGI event.

That's correct. AsyncAGI never supported the AGI command arguments. As
an improvement/new feature, this was merged into Asterisk Trunk. This
patch went into Asterisk 12 when that branch was created.

So, it should be in Asterisk 12.0.0 and later versions.

Matt

--
Matthew Jordan
Digium, Inc. | Engineering Manager