[asterisk-app-dev] Question on implementation of "assigned" uniqueid when creating channels.

Scott Griepentrog sgriepentrog at digium.com
Fri Feb 21 10:56:50 CST 2014

Hi all-

I'm working on the ability to set the uniqueid on channel creation via ami
and ari, and I've run into a quandary:

When Asterisk dials over chan_local, it creates a LOCAL/something;1
channel, and another LOCAL/something;2 channel to handle the other end of
the call.  If I'm specifying the uniqueid when I originate the call, I
would presume it would be set to the ;1 channel, as that's the one I'm
actually talking to.  But should there be something identifiable (rather
than the standard 012345678.123 uniqueid format) on the ;2 channel?  For
example, if I create the ;1 channel as 'MyCustomId', would it be useful to
have the uniqueid of the ;2 channel be 'MyCustomId;2' ?

Although it's probably not a good idea, it's not technically impossible to
set the same 'MyCustomId' to both channels.  Any other ideas on how best to
handle this?

--
[image: Digium logo]
Scott Griepentrog