[asterisk-app-dev] ARI GET Stored Recording

Ben Merrills b.merrills at mersontech.co.uk
Mon Feb 17 04:27:59 CST 2014

> Not sure if it's what the OP meant, but I would not mind getting the actual audio bytes, either streamed or when it's finished. I also wouldn't mind sending audio > bytes for playback rather than sending a filename (currently I'm using FastAGI).
> One use case: it would be preferable to keep the audio in my structured database, > tied to the data it relates to, rather than on the filesystem.

Yes, this is what I meant. I think, and as Matt confirmed, being able to send and receive audio to and from the server to be stored would be great.

I achieve this at the moment with FastAGI by using a FastAGI proxy, which allows me to add my own commands to the AGI protocol, e.g. GetFile/SendFile which then returns the file in the FastAGI stream. This is a custom development though and not something included in Asterisk.

With regards to playing audio from a remote location, I would love to see the inclusion of a new Sounds Schema for URI playback. It would be great to be able to play audio from a remote source directly, say :
"http://mydom.com/sound.mp3"

On Sun, Feb 16, 2014 at 9:33 PM, Matthew Jordan <mjordan at digium.com<mailto:mjordan at digium.com>> wrote:
On Sun, Feb 16, 2014 at 12:25 PM, Ben Merrills
<b.merrills at mersontech.co.uk<mailto:b.merrills at mersontech.co.uk>> wrote:
> I've been looking at Stored Recordings, and wondering if people see value in
> being able to get the actual recording via ARI, and not just the details.
>
> This would be very helpful in situations where you didn't have access to the
> box running asterisk directly via any other means than ARI. Being able to
> get a put files (recordings, sounds etc) seems to me to have merit.
>
> What's the thoughts of everyone else?

Just to double check, you mean getting at the physical file itself,
and not doing the playback (which can be done through POST
/channels/{channelId}/play), right?

If you mean retrieving the physical file, my only real concern would
be security. I'd be interested to hear what people think about that.

Pushing sound recordings by providing a URI to the sound and/or
recording you wanted played was always something we hoped to do. It
hasn't materialized yet - if anyone would be interested in looking
that work, it would be a great feature enhancement to ARI.

Matt

--
Matthew Jordan
Digium, Inc. | Engineering Manager