[asterisk-app-dev] Asterisk ARI

Glen Millard glenmillard at gmail.com
Thu Feb 6 09:26:51 CST 2014

Hello Folks;

Let's see if I can word this correctly. I wanted to use the Asterisk ARI to
be able to do certain things from a web interface.

We were hoping to do the following with it:

1.  Have clients set up voicemail on the Asterisk server
2.  Be able to record their own greeting
3.  Configure voicemail --> email (email voicemail messages to them)
4.  Control the number of rings - or at least the time that it takes for
voicemail to pickup

I see some of the API calls in the Swagger UI - however, I think I may just
not be familiar with they naming / nomenclature in Asterisk .

So, with the above list, and I am not looking for hand-holding, just some
guidance.

Is there a way to do these things with the use of the API or the RealTime
Database config? If so, just some ideas on how to get started. If not, is
there a 3rd party application/resource that someone knows of where I can do
this by utilizing some sort of toolkit or API?

Thanks so much - I really appreciate the help!

Glen