[asterisk-app-dev] detect and count dtmf during call and disconnect the call if dtmf count exceeds a certain number

Paul Belanger paul.belanger at polybeacon.com
Thu Aug 21 11:53:54 CDT 2014

On Thu, Aug 21, 2014 at 12:41 PM, Andrew Brasher
<andrew at brashersoftware.com> wrote:
> I need to detect and count dtmf during call and disconnect the call if dtmf
> count exceeds a certain number. I think the way to do this would involve
> using the FrameHook API
> (http://doxygen.asterisk.org/trunk/AstFrameHookAPI.html). The documentation
> gives an example code but I'm not sure how to implement it. Would I have to
> modify the asterisk source code or would it be a module, function, or app?
> Any information about FrameHook or writing Asterisk modules in general would
> be appreciated. I have experience programming in C++, C#, Java, Javascript,
> and PHP but am new to asterisk. I bought the book "Asterisk: The Definitive
> Guide (4th Edition)" and have read about 75% of it and been able to set up
> an asterisk server able to make and receive calls. It is a great book but
> does not cover much about writing modules for asterisk.

I'd start with using the AMI to collect the information. There are
DTMF[1] events that are generated when asterisk detects them.

[1] https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+11+ManagerEvent_DTMF

--
Paul Belanger | PolyBeacon, Inc.
Jabber: paul.belanger at polybeacon.com | IRC: pabelanger (Freenode)