[asterisk-app-dev] detect and count dtmf during call and disconnect the call if dtmf count exceeds a certain number

Andrew Brasher andrew at brashersoftware.com
Thu Aug 21 11:41:35 CDT 2014

I need to detect and count dtmf during call and disconnect the call if dtmf
count exceeds a certain number. I think the way to do this would involve
using the FrameHook API (http://doxygen.asterisk.org/
trunk/AstFrameHookAPI.html). The documentation gives an example code but
I'm not sure how to implement it. Would I have to modify the asterisk
source code or would it be a module, function, or app? Any information
about FrameHook or writing Asterisk modules in general would be
appreciated. I have experience programming in C++, C#, Java, Javascript,
and PHP but am new to asterisk. I bought the book "Asterisk: The Definitive
Guide (4th Edition)" and have read about 75% of it and been able to set up
an asterisk server able to make and receive calls. It is a great book but
does not cover much about writing modules for asterisk.

Thanks,
Andrew