[asterisk-app-dev] ARI Global Data Accessibility Changes

Jared Smith jaredsmith at jaredsmith.net
Fri Oct 25 12:01:04 CDT 2013

On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 10:14 AM, David M. Lee <dlee at digium.com> wrote:

> The container list operations (GET /ari/bridges, GET /ari/channels),
> when no parameters are given, will only return the objects that can be
> acted upon via ARI.

OK...

> However, a specific list of objects can be requested by passing in an
> id list parameter (GET /ari/channels?channelIds=1234,5678,1357,9753).
> These objects will be returned if they exist, regardles of whether ARI
> can act upon them.

This raises the question (at least at first glance, without seriously
thinking about it) of how to find the ChannelIds for these other channels
in the first place.  I mean, it's nice that you can find them if you know
their hidden identities, but how do you find their hidden identities in the
first place if there's no list.

> Similarly, single object requests (GET /ari/channels/{channelId}) will
> always return that specific object if it exists.

Works for me.

--
Jared Smith