[asterisk-app-dev] How do third party module developersexposetheir resources via asterisk ARI?

Paul Albrecht palbrecht at glccom.com
Thu Oct 17 10:02:22 CDT 2013

On Oct 17, 2013, at 9:28 AM, Paul Belanger <paul.belanger at polybeacon.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 10:22 AM, Paul Albrecht <palbrecht at glccom.com> wrote:

>>> Not sure if it's the same thing, but Olle propose something along
>>> these lines - like you do for Apache that may answer "Server:
>>> Apache/2.2.3 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.3 OpenSSL/0.9.7g" when sending your
>>> ARI app is logging in....
>>> l.
>>>

>> Not following you here … what I'm asking is how third party module developers can expose whatever their resources are in conformance with asterisk ARI. I expect t be able to do this because asterisk has well defined interfaces to extend the CLI and AMI so naturally I'd expect the same for ARI.
>>
> I think you might be missing the concept of ARI, you wouldn't write
> your app in C to generate ARI resources.  You'd write your application
> atop of ARI and consume them.

I'm talking about third party asterisk modules that may need to expose their resources to applications that manage asterisk via the AMI/CLI. They may need to expose their resources so that an application can manage their resources.

> Again, what sort of thing are you looking to do.

Don't have a specific scenario for you. I'm just asking. It really should be obvious. The ARI should be extendible as are the CLI and AMI interfaces. If they're not, the what's explanation/rationale?