[asterisk-app-dev] How do third party module developers exposetheir resources via asterisk ARI?

Paul Belanger paul.belanger at polybeacon.com
Thu Oct 17 09:28:51 CDT 2013

On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 10:22 AM, Paul Albrecht <palbrecht at glccom.com> wrote:

> On Oct 17, 2013, at 9:11 AM, Lenz Emilitri <lenz.loway at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> 2013/10/17 Paul Albrecht <palbrecht at glccom.com>:
>>>
>>> How do third party module developers expose their resources via asterisk ARI?
>>>

>> Not sure if it's the same thing, but Olle propose something along
>> these lines - like you do for Apache that may answer "Server:
>> Apache/2.2.3 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.3 OpenSSL/0.9.7g" when sending your
>> ARI app is logging in....
>> l.
>>

> Not following you here … what I'm asking is how third party module developers can expose whatever their resources are in conformance with asterisk ARI. I expect t be able to do this because asterisk has well defined interfaces to extend the CLI and AMI so naturally I'd expect the same for ARI.

I think you might be missing the concept of ARI, you wouldn't write
your app in C to generate ARI resources.  You'd write your application
atop of ARI and consume them.

Again, what sort of thing are you looking to do.

--
Paul Belanger | PolyBeacon, Inc.
Jabber: paul.belanger at polybeacon.com | IRC: pabelanger (Freenode)