[Dundi] Dundi on HAMNET (was: Re: [BGSpam] Re: Fw: that's so amazing)

Benoit Panizzon benoit.panizzon at imp.ch
Mon Mar 13 03:05:38 CDT 2017

Well, at least we know this list is still alive after having been
dormant for quite some time.

To contribute something a bit more on topic...

I seem to have noticed that Dundi Lookups massively decreased in the
last couple of years. So I suppose Dundi is not much use anymore in the
read e164 world. Probably just too much abuse.

But, also being involved in Ham-Radio and 'new' digital modes, I have
come across VoIP usage on HamNet.

There are several asterisk servers in HamNet. I don't yet know how they
are interconnected. But a 'ham' phone number is derived from the ham
radio callsign of the operator.

https://www.oe2wnl.at/calltodtmf-voip.php

As each operator is more or less running his own asterisk server, that
is a ideal situation where numbers could be looked up via Dundi.

That works fine if you connect your asterisk servers only to hamnet.
But what happens if, like in my situation, have connected mine to the
world-wide Dundi network and a hamnet phone number by coincidence
collides with a real world phone number?

-Benoît Panizzon- (HB9EUE)