[Dundi] Core Members?

Florian Overkamp florian at speakup.nl
Tue Aug 24 10:36:36 CDT 2010

Hello,

On 08/24/2010 05:16 PM, Kirk Wolff wrote:
> Hi all, I'm trying to join your DUNDi cloud.  I'm already a member of
> messinet.
>
> I've tried contacting all of the 'core members' listed on your website,
> all of their websites no longer exist with exception to voicepulse.

I think you will find our website also still really works :)

> I appears there is no DAHDI cloud other than a few very private ones.

The actual usage of DUNDI peering using the GPA'ed e164 context is
indeed very thin. The biggest downside of this technology as we can see
it, is the fact that there is no easy and verifyable means to block
faulty routes for remote members. For telco's to put their trust into
such a system requires this, because hunting after customer complaints
is fun once, but a nasty drag the second time around. I must admit our
usage of DUNDI has been fairly limited these last few years, mainly
because I see no movement on the problematic field mentioned above.

In the meantime, DUNDI has indeed been put to very good use in building
privately controlled clusters. So I think DUNDI can continue to be used,
but not in the sense that Mark envisioned it years ago....

--
Met vriendelijke groet,

Florian Overkamp
SpeakUp BV