[Dundi] CallToken Support breaks DUNDi?

Benoit Panizzon benoit.panizzon at imp.ch
Thu Aug 19 04:36:45 CDT 2010

Hello

Somewhen in late 2009 Digium has changed the default setting for IAX
Connections to require CallToken validation to prevent DOS Attacks.

According to what I have found out, this function was already present in
Asterisk 1.4 and was just optional, but should work if a newer asterisk
requires ca CallToken

A while ago I have upgraded one of my * boxes to:
1.6.2.6-1
the other one stays with:
1.4.21.2~dfsg-3+lenny1

But the 1.6 * would not accept any IAX calls from the 1.4 box anymore unless I
set: requirecalltoken=no in the peer definition.

Now the same problem arrises with calls to numbers I advertize via DUNDi. Some
* out there are not able to connect.

I would prefer not to generaly set requirecalltoken=no to prevent DOS attacks.

Are there any information about which versions of asterisk do support this
CallToken feature?

Benoit Panizzon
--
I m p r o W a r e   A G    -    Leiter IT Customer Care