[Dundi] Dundi And AGI ??How to do lookup from AGI?

Mark Komosa gotuspeed at att.net
Tue Jun 9 15:13:40 CDT 2009

I am new to asterisk, AGI, and now DUNDi , (three strikes you are out). What i am trying to find out how to implement a Dundi Lookup from within an existing AGI application which controls the dialing (not from the dial plan). It's a blocking app and i didn't write it.

 I have do some decent amount of searching but i don't see any use of AGI+dundi. That leads me to think i am not on the right track or missing something obvious.

If i can't do it from AGI, then what would be recommended approach? Any help would be appreciated.
This might be more of an AGI implementation question in that case.

P.S  I am aware of a Dundi lookup dialplan funcition, but have not seen a way to call dialplan functions from AGI, just applications. version 1.4 trunk.

Mark