[Dundi] NEW => AUTHREQ => INVAL

Benoit Panizzon benoit.panizzon at imp.ch
Thu Jul 16 15:23:56 CDT 2009

Hi All

I think I more or less found the problem. It's a quite tricky one.

The * not accepting some of the dundi calls is actualy on a machine also being
used as a router. So it has two interfaces. Both have public ip addresses, no
nat as it routes a real subnet.

I did use bindaddr in almost all the config files, to tell * to bind to only
one of those interfaces, the 'internal' one and also the one on the first NIC.

So ${IPADDR} also resolves to that internal IP and communication with my other
* box which is on this routed subnet works fine and the URI advertized via
DUNDi looks fine.

Also calls originating from that router * box with iax going being routed and
leaving via the other 'WAN' interface work fine.

Not so incomming IAX calls. I'm not yet sure what exactly * is messing up. But
when I just removed bindaddr to bind to the both interfaces, replaced
${IPADDR} by the WAN IP, this solved my dundi iax 'incomming' call problem.

But now IAX calls from my LAN * to my router * have the same problem I had
with the other * before.

Well probably it's just not a good idea to run * on a box being used as
router.

-Benoit-