[Dundi] Dynamical dundi

shimi asterisk-dundi at shimi.net
Sat Aug 29 12:53:40 CDT 2009

On Sat, Aug 29, 2009 at 4:29 AM, Facundo Suárez <suarez.jf at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> I've just finished configuring two asterisk boxes, working too fine
> with dundi. My really trouble is that i have dynamica ip addres on
> both sides. I tryied to make it setting a domain name instead of an ip
> address at the "host=.." in dundi.conf; but i realized that it works
> at the first time. No more. I mean, there is no a peridical dns lookup
> to get the ip addres of that domain. I am trying to execute from de
> remote side, a command using ssh to the other side, reloading modules
> pbx_dundi every every time the ip address change. But i wanted to
> discard another solution first.
>
> Is there a way to solve this directly configuring dundi / asterisk ?
>
> Any help please ?

Directly, besides reloading dundi every time there is a change, I can't
think of a way, if it behaves the same way you say it does...

However I can suggest another thing - maybe you want to set up an OpenVPN
connection between the two boxes - which will both solve your problem and
make all your traffic encrypted...

-- Shimi