[Dundi] DUNDi Still Alive?

Alex Robar alex.robar at gearytech.com
Fri Jan 12 06:57:28 MST 2007

DUNDi is in use lots of places that I know of, but they're all using it
for internal lookups. It's a great advertisement protocol for dynamic
internal routing. But for public lookups, the general feeling I get from
people is that there's too much overhead in the protocol (lookups have
to see too many nodes to be effective). Now, this is not entirely true
as you can setup pre-caching servers to mitigate the issue, but the
documentation for this is nearly non-existent (unless you really know
your C). I think that there was full-out documentation of all the
functionality of DUNDi, adoption for public call exchange could be much
greater.

Just my two cents.

Alex

Alex Robar,  Technical Support,   GearyTech Inc.

3075 Fourteenth Avenue, Unit 3, Markham, Ontario L3R 0G9
Markham: 905-513-8000  x 223              Fax: 905-513-8040
Toronto: 416-226-3614                  Toll Free: 888-890-3499
alex.robar at gearytech.com                 www.gearytech.com

Strategic management of technology for business.