FW: [Dundi] DUNDi popularity

Florian Overkamp florian at speakup.nl
Thu Oct 12 13:00:49 MST 2006

Jim Dalton wrote:
>> If a binding contract covers the obligation, and you are in a
>> ring of trust, do you require technical coverage of the issue
>> as well ?
>
> Yes, this is my question.  Would DUNDi be more successful in public networks
> if there were technical means to enforce the obligations of a peering
> agreement, such as honest representation of the numbers a DUNDi entity can
> terminate and inter-carrier compensation.

Quite frankly, I doubt it - at least for now. People have not yet
decided how to secure ENUM and SIP in general from these trust issues,
and they are being adopted (albeit slowly). More interoperability with
other systems would be much more usefull at this point.

But, I do think that it will be better in the long run to think about
these issues. At some point they will require a solution, and if Dundi
is ahead of the race, so much the better.

--
Met vriendelijke groet,

Florian Overkamp
SpeakUp BV