[Dundi] DUNDi popularity

Jim Dalton jim.dalton at transnexus.com
Thu Oct 12 06:09:55 MST 2006

I would appreciate some feedback from the community about DUNDi.  We have
been playing with the technology and believe it could be very useful for
creating new public internet telephone network with as opposed to the
existing model of VoIP access to the public switched telephone network.

Like other folks on this list we are scratching our heads wondering why
DUNDi is not more popular.  Testimonials indicate that DUNDi is useful for
enterprise (private) networks, but we have not heard of success for DUNDi in
public networks.

We think DUNDi would have greater adoptance in public networks if the users,
specifically users offering call termination services, had some mechanism to
be compensated for VoIP traffic they terminate for DUNDi users from from the
Internet cloud.

Does anyone have any opinions on this idea?

Jim D.