[Dundi] DUNDi - Registration server failover and fullcontact

David Thomas punknow at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 12:52:31 MST 2006

We have been playing with DUNDi and Realtime in a configuration
similar to JR's whitepaper "Using DUNDi with a Cluster of Asterisk
Servers".

Everything seems to be working fine but we have encountered a couple
hurdles. Any thoughts or solutions would be greatly appreciated.

1.)  When a registration server fails there doesn't seem to be an easy
way to have clients automatically register to a new server. (our
clients are mostly other asterisk boxes.) To solve this we are
considering using DNS failover. Any thoughts?

2.)  We are using the fullcontact address like what is shown in JR's
whitepaper to complete calls directly to a client phone, and have
found that fullcontact sometimes contains private network addresses.
This makes it impossible to route inbound calls directly to the
client.

Regards,
David