[Dundi] peering questions

Kurt Zoglmann kaz at telecom.ksu.edu
Fri Apr 28 11:13:45 MST 2006

I have a few questions that I have not found answers to looking at
voip-info.org, dundi.com, or the recent messages on the list serv.

Excluding US toll free numbers and international calls, what order of
magnitude of extensions are available through dundi?

How many entities or peers are currently involved with dundi?

I understand that Tier 1 providers have a significant amount of
bandwidth available. Tier 2 have 50-100% of Tier 1. And Tier 3 have
50-100% of Tier 2. But what kinds of bandwidth is it actually taking
to be Tier 1, 2, and 3 peers?

Do the number of extensions that you will be providing access to also
play into which tier is most appropriate?

How does one go about finding a provider that is closest to you in
dialing pattern? Is there a complete listing of dialing prefixes and
dundi members provided somewhere online? There seems to be a little
bit of information on voip-info.org, but not too much.

Has anyone experienced any abuse or problems since joining the dundi
bandwagon?

Are there any other major universities participating in DUNDi?

Kansas State University Telecommunications is looking to test the
waters with asterisk and DUNDi. We currently have 90Mbit of bandwidth
and have 1000's of DIDs. In terms of telecommunications, we tend to
be a leader for other state universities. I'm sure if we are
successful, we could get other major state universities to join us in
supporting DUNDi.

I wouldn't mind chatting with someone on the phone in regards to
their experience with DUNDi. You can reach me at 785-532-4505 M-F
8am-5pm central time. Thanks in advance!

Kurt Zoglmann