[Dundi] Gizmo and DUNDI

Michael Robertson michael at linspire.com
Thu Jul 7 13:50:22 CDT 2005

the next version will have ability to add multiple proxies. We just
didn't get it in time for this beta. One of the challenges of course is
that we want to continue to do smart NAT/firewall penetration. Stun
isn't enough as you probably know. How do you allow other proxies, but
still do smart network traversal? It's a bit tricky.

You can dial any sip url from Gizmo, just enter in the fully qualified
uri like this:
    sip:user at proxy.domain.com

I just checked and you can add to addressbook as well, but it doesn't
seem to be dialing correctly. That's clearly a bug. You should and wil
be able to dial any URI or enter it into addressbook.

Yes, it's true we're not using e.164 numbers ourselves. We actually
likely will have an overlay of some sorts, but you'll see why making up
a private number makes sense as we announce some of the partnerships we
have in the works. A private number and enum can peacefully co-exist.

-- MR

--

Michael Robertson
michael at linspire.com  Read the latest Michael's Minute here