[Dundi] context specific payloads

James Treleaven james at dades.ca
Fri Apr 1 15:54:00 CST 2005

I have been looking at the DUNDi spec and while I think it holds great
promise I am a bit puzzled by the fact that the protocol does not appear
to be as extensible/flexible as I would have expected.

To be specific, the inclusion of 'contexts' in the spec nods to the
expectation that there would be 'communities' other than e164 using
DUNDi. I can well imagine multiple overlapping 'communities' identified
by distinct contexts and interconnected using DUNDi. I applaud this.

But if someone wants to start a community where, for example, people pay
to use one another's PSTN gateways then the rate info (etc) that they
need to exchange cannot as far as I can see be exchanged using DUNDi.
  A key enhancement, to my mind, would be some allowance for context
specific payload in the ANSWER information element.

Was such a thing considered and rejected?

James