[Dundi] representation

Stastny Richard Richard.Stastny at oefeg.at
Tue Oct 26 13:09:27 CDT 2004

+1800 numbers are basically not normal phone numbers, they are IN service numbers,
wich are routed ny IN-translation to a greographic number
One feature of this service is that you may have this numbers routed depending on time
and date to different geo-numbers. You may also route depending in origin - thats whe
some consider them non-E.164 numbers. This is not true, they are.

Non-E.164 numbers are 911, 411 etc.

If the owner of the +1-800 knows exactly where he wnats the number to be routed on
the Internet, it may be used in DUNDi. One could consider this a origin Internet and
all calls are routed to the default call center. 800 numbers are also routed by freenum.org
or even in ENUM (in Austria 800 numbers are allowed in ENUM)

Richard