[Dundi] representation

Florian Overkamp florian at speakup.nl
Tue Oct 26 11:52:36 CDT 2004

Hi,

Citeren "Bownes, Robert" <Robert.Bownes at ogs.state.ny.us>:
> The problem with 800 numbers is that they are not unique. The same 800
> number may be routed differently on a LATA or geographic basis. See
> http://www.nanpa.com/nas/public/nonGeoNpasInServiceReport.do?method=disp
> layNonGeoNpasInServiceReport for a list of the non geographic numbers.

Uhm, I'm not in the US, so correct me if I'm wrong, but in the Netherlands, the least
thing you can expect is that a 0800 number belongs to one organisation. Therefore, if
this organisation chooses to publish the number through DUNDi, they should never
have to expect conflicts with other organisations. They control the route (as they
should) and they can decide wether or not to deal with it in a certain way. We can also
choose what to do with 0800 numbers called by mobile users. This has two purposes:
the cost to accept the call is higher, but also we can route differently based on the
fact we have no clue about their whereabouts.

I don't think this is a problem. People disclosing 0800 numbers through the e164
context in DUNDi should consider callers coming in on this route as 'roaming'. No
assumptions on whereabouts can be made.

Or am I missing something here ?

Florian